1. If you like the idea of having Social Security and Medicare when you get old and retire, you vote Democratic.
2. If you take pride in having a wide variety of friends, including gay people, and believe they deserve the same rights as you, you vote Democratic.
3. If you cringe at the thought of having religious doctrine forced upon you via ten commandments in courthouses, or if you won't stand for tax dollars going to private religious school via vouchers, you vote Democratic.
4. If you believe that the vulnerable, poor and sick of our society should NOT be left to fend for themselves or left no choice but to beg at charities, then you vote Democratic.
5. If you are a rational, thoughtful, caring person who understands the basic tenets of science and would like intelligence to prevail over superstition and dogma, you vote Democratic.